There are certain dishes in life that you remember where you were when you ate them and even how you were feeling. This dish is one of those for me. My mom used to make this a lot when I was in high school. Its a weird combination of mexican and midwest. Its definitely delicious though. I took this recipe and veganized it to meet my tastes and it still invokes memories of my childhood. I hope you enjoy!
Chickpea Broccoli Rollups
- Vegan Cream of mushroom soup This recipe covers the amount needed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 10oz pkg Broccoli chopped (we substituted fresh broccoli for this. We just boiled it a bit first in order to soften it before baking)
- 1 cup shredded Vegan cheese
- 1 can French Fried Onions
- 6 whole wheat tortillas
- Combine soup and milk, set aside.
- Combine chickpeas, broccoli, 1/2 cup cheese, and 1/2 can french fried onions
- Stir 3/4 cup soup mixture into chickpea mixture
- Divide mixture up between tortillas and roll up
- Place seam side down in a lightly greased 913 pan.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over the top of the tortillas
- Bake uncovered for 30 mins at 350 degrees
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and french fried onions
- Bake uncovered for 5 more mins